Rossendale Sailing Club to bring raft of visitors to East Lancashire in very first race
A sailing club is holding its first-ever Northern Travelers Series competition in hopes of attracting hundreds of boats and sailors to East Lancashire.
The Rossendale Valley Sailing Club (RVSC) will host the event hosted by the International Topper Class Association on Saturday June 12.
A spokesperson for the sailing club said: “It will be a joyous occasion for all who have worked tirelessly with the club, and we hope people can join us to watch the exciting action on the water. .
“The event is part of the Northern Travelers Series, and there are currently 28 boats registered to compete, with more expected to announce their participation.”
Rossendale Sailing Club
On the day of the event, the activities will be as follows:
- Boats will start arriving at the club from 9 a.m.
- The race briefing will take place at 10:20 a.m.
- The first race will start around 11am, with a second race just after. Each race will last 35-40 minutes.
- We will provide lunch and refreshments at 12:30 p.m.
- After lunch, two more consecutive races.
- Prizes will be awarded before the end of the event at 5 p.m.
The spokesperson added: “RVSC has provided a natural home for water sports enthusiasts since 1965 and has offered sailing training and introductory sessions to new members, young and old, and this event would be a great opportunity. to take a look at what’s going on at the club. ”
The sailing event takes place at the Rossendale Valley Sailing Club, Clowbridge Reservoir, Clowbridge, Burnley, Lancashire.
For more information on RVSC visit www.rvsc.co.uk or email Martin Lewis or Zak Karim at [email protected]