Top Cop Jumps Ship + $ 400,000 Reward For Finding Aiden Leos Killer
ORANGE COUNTY, CA – After the Memorial Day holiday on Monday, residents of Orange County had a busy day on Tuesday.
Here are some of the stories we’re looking at for Wednesday:
There is another increase in the reward for the person who shot 6-year-old Aiden Leos. $ 400,000 will be awarded to the person providing information leading to the arrest and conviction of the Yorba Linda area road rage shooter. His funeral will take place on Saturday. (More on Patch).
What Does Amazon Alexa Really Know About You? About 75,000 people are suing Amazon for “voice recording” related to Alexa. Patch wants to know how much Orange County residents trust their Alexa devices. Let us know by emailing your editor: [email protected]
Disney california adventure will open Avengers Campus this week. Stay tuned for amazing photos, videos and everything you need to know about the new Disneyland terrain behind the scenes after 8pm.
In other news …
Wednesday Orange County Weather and Surf Report:
Partly cloudy, with a high of 75 and a low of 63. The chance of rain locally is 10 percent.
High tide in Orange County is at 5:50 p.m., at 4.43 feet. Low tide is 10:46 a.m. at 0.23 feet.
Sunrise will be at 5:42 a.m. and sunset at 7:58 p.m.
Patch choice: SoCal teen pushes bear to save her dogs Watch: A viral TikTok video showed a girl rushing into her garden to push a bear against a wall after the big beast threatened her dogs.
Here are 5 of today’s top Orange County news:
- In San Clemente, there were caps, there were dresses as OC high schools return to graduation as usual in 2021, as reported by Collin Breux. (San Clemente Times).
- Attacks on the SoCal highway: Attempted murder charges filed: Jesse Leal Rodriguez, 34, from Anaheim was charged Friday in Riverside County and is due to be brought to justice next week.
- In Los AlamitosJoint Forces Airforce Base will reopen after a 16-month outward closure. (More on Patch).
- CVS Orange County brings customers closer to vaccination: CVS locations across Orange County vaccination prizes offered include free cruises, tropical vacations, VIP Super Bowl LVI travel, date nights and other #onestepcloser activities.
- Laguna beachThe former police chief returns to Dixon, Calif., While an interim chief is chosen. (The Times).
Featured events to help you through the weekend:
- BOOK CARNAVAL welcomes the author JA JANCE Thursday June 3 at 9:00 a.m. The virtual event welcomes JA JANCE again on Thursday, June 3 at 7:00 p.m. PT, to discuss UNFINISHED BUSINESS. Zoom link: http: //www.annesbookcarnival.c … Click here to find out more.
- Girls Inc. of Orange County’s Better Together: Virtual Livestrem
Friday, June 4 at 12:00 p.m. As we continue to navigate social distancing and virtual learning, Girls Inc. of Orange County has seen firsthand that we are better together. At Friday, June 4 at 12 p.m. PST, take part in the biggest non-profit event of the year where you will hear firsthand from the amazing girls the organization serves and enjoy an exciting live streaming and online auction experience while raising essential funds for Girls Inc. of Orange County.
- Celebrate the grand opening of Whimsical Charm at OC Mix
Friday June 4 at 4:30 p.m. – Join us in celebrating the opening of the second Whimsical Charms location at SOCO + The OC Mix! Members of the community are welcome to shop for luxury gifts for children and babies, while enjoying various activities and entertainment at a special opening event. The celebration will take place on Friday June 4 of 4:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Click here for more information.
- FEATURED EVENT: 3 Community garage sale on 6/5/2021 Saturday June 5 at 7:00 a.m. Community garage sale organized by Kathy Kennedy Realty One Group West 5/6/21 Come discover new treasures at our 2nd annual community garage sale, with more than 12 registrations, there will be plenty to choose from! Three Communities Join Start at 18 Breezy Meadows, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA Please be sure to wear masks when coming to garage sales.. Click here to find out more.
- Laguna Beach Kelp Cleanup Saturday June 5 at 8:00 a.m. (nearby) Meet in the Kelp Forest just off Main Beach for an ocean cleanse like no other. Click here to find out more.
See more on the Orange County calendar!
You are now up to date and ready for this week. But don’t miss the articles posted throughout the day!
Do not hesitate to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for exclusive content every day of the week.
Do you have a tip or suggestion on how I can improve Orange County Patch?
Maybe you want your company to become one of the last sponsors of Orange County Patch?
Email all inquiries to me at [email protected]