Trucks lead the way in heavy-duty autonomous vehicle racing: IDTechEx webinar
Autonomous vehicles promise to revolutionize the way we travel. But outside of passenger vehicles, today there are a multitude of values that can be achieved with autonomous technologies. Operating robotaxis in pedestrian areas is a complicated and difficult task for an autonomous vehicle, and although mobility as a service business model can have a lot of value, there may still be years to wait for this value is realized. Alternatively, self-driving trucks can add value by alleviating driver shortages and their task is much more manageable. Most trucking miles can be traveled on freeways, where traffic flows in one direction, there is plenty of space, and pedestrians are prohibited. This greatly reduces the challenge of automation, which, combined with the value that autonomous trucking can bring, makes it a great achievable opportunity.
This webinar examines some of the major accomplishments and milestones in the trucking industry. This is then benchmarked against other heavy-duty autonomous vehicles and a complete holistic view of the industry is forged.
The webinar includes:
- An explanation of the value proposition of self-driving trucks, self-driving buses and roboshuttles
- Overview of the main activities and achievements in each autonomous truck sector
- Summary of sensors and sensor requirements for heavy-duty autonomous vehicles
- Biggest Obstacles for Each of Self-Driving Trucks, Self-Driving Buses, and Shuttle Robots
- A maturity comparison for self-driving trucks, self-driving buses and roboshuttles
- Approximate schedule of deployments and other activities in each autonomous truck sector